Pricing and specifications for the enhanced 2022 Hyundai Palisade line-up have been announced, ahead of first deliveries from the “start of September”.
Headlining the MY22 changes is the addition of a new mid-spec Elite variant.
There’s also a repositioned entry model that slashes the entry price by $5000, and some new premium appointments for the top-spec Highlander.
The new Palisade Elite essentially combines specification from the MY21 Palisade and Palisade Highlander models, adding items like 20-inch alloys, LED lighting and a power tailgate for $1500 over last year’s base model.
Meanwhile, the Palisade Highlander gets new ‘Calligraphy’ appointments from the flagship variant of the same name in other markets, with body-coloured bumpers, unique alloy wheels, and the new option of black Nappa leather in addition to the existing beige and burgundy interiors.
Unfortunately, the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster available in overseas markets still hasn’t made the trip Down Under.
The rejigged line-up starts from $55,000 plus on-road costs for the 2022 Hyundai Palisade V6 FWD, climbing to $75,000 for the Palisade Highlander Diesel AWD.
While the bulk of the range will be arriving from September, the base MY22 Palisade isn’t due to hit showrooms until the fourth quarter of 2021.
- 2022 Hyundai Palisade 3.8 GDi 2WD: $55,000
- 2022 Hyundai Palisade 2.2 CRDi AWD: $59,000
- 2022 Hyundai Palisade Elite 3.8 GDi 2WD: $61,500
- 2022 Hyundai Palisade Elite 2.2 CRDi AWD: $65,500
- 2022 Hyundai Palisade Highlander 3.8 GDi 2WD: $71,000
- 2022 Hyundai Palisade Highlander 2.2 CRDi AWD: $75,000
All prices exclude on-road costs
The powertrain line-up for the 2022 Palisade range carries over unchanged.
Petrol versions are powered by a 3.8-litre naturally-aspirated V6, generating 217kW of power at 6000rpm and 355Nm of torque at 5200rpm.
Drive is sent exclusively to the front wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Then there’s the 2.2-litre ‘CRDi’ four-cylinder turbo-diesel, outputting 147kW (3800rpm) and 440Nm (1750-2750rpm).
Drive in diesel models is sent to all four wheels via an eight-speed auto.
The 2022 Hyundai Palisade uses 10.7L/100km on the combined cycle with the V6 and 7.3L/100km with the diesel.
All versions are fitted with a 71L fuel tank.
The Palisade measures 4980mm long, 1975mm wide and 1750mm tall, with a 2900mm wheelbase. Ground clearance is quoted as 203mm.
Boot space is quoted as 311L (VDA) as a seven- or eight-seater, and 704L (VDA) with the third row folded.
Kerb weight is between 1897kg and 2069kg depending on variant, while the braked towing capacity is 2200kg regardless of drivetrain.
The Palisade hasn’t been crash-tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP, and therefore hasn’t been certified with a safety rating by either body.
With that said, the Palisade has received a ‘Top Safety Pick+’ rating from the US’s Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for the 2021 model year, based on tests conducted on the related Kia Telluride.
All versions of the Palisade feature the Hyundai SmartSense suite as standard:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian/cyclist detection
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centring)
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- High Beam Assist (auto high-beam)
- Driver attention warning
- Rear Occupant Alert
- Front/rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Trailer Stability Assist
There’s also dual front, front-side, and curtain airbags that stretch across all three rows for a total of six inflators.
Opting for the flagship Palisade Highlander adds Hyundai’s Blind Spot View Monitor camera system bolstering the standard blind-spot assist system, as well as a surround-view camera and Safe Exit Assist – the latter warning occupants of oncoming vehicles and road users when opening the doors.
Servicing and Warranty
The Palisade is covered by Hyundai Australia’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with roadside assistance for the same period.
Hyundai hasn’t announced any changes to service pricing for the MY22 Palisade, which mean the first five visits (up to 60 months/75,000km) cost $399 a pop for the V6 and $469 each for the diesel.
Maintenance is required every 12 months or 15,000km – whichever comes first.
Hyundai Palisade highlights:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size alloy spare wheel
- Automatic headlights (halogen projector-type)
- LED daytime running lights
- 8.0-inch touchscreen*
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto (wireless)
- Wireless charging pad*
- Keyless entry and start
- Electrochromatic rear-view mirror
- 7.0-inch instrument cluster screen
- Tri-zone climate control
- Air vents for 2nd/3rd rows
- Leather-appointed seats and steering wheel
- Electric driver’s seat adjustment
*indicates spec change from MY21 Palisade
Palisade Elite adds:
- 10.25-inch touchscreen
- Satellite navigation
- Driver Talk function
- 12-speaker Infinity sound system
- Rear privacy glass*
- Power tailgate*
- Heated front seats*
- Single-panel sunroof*
- LED headlights*
- LED tail lights*
- 20-inch alloy wheels*
- Available seven-seat option with rear captain’s chairs*
*indicates spec change from MY21 Palisade
Palisade Highlander adds:
- 20-inch ‘Calligraphy’ alloy wheels*
- Body-coloured bumpers*
- Body-coloured cladding*
- Head-up display
- Blind Spot View Monitor
- Surround View Monitor (360-degree cameras)
- Suede headliner
- Nappa leather seats (with no-cost black option*)
- Rear door sunblinds
- Driver’s seat memory
- Heated/ventilated front seats
- Heated/ventilated second row seats (7-seater)
- Heated second row seats (8-seater)
- Heated steering wheel
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Safe Exit Assist
*indicates spec change from MY21 Palisade Highlander
The 2022 Hyundai Palisade is available in the following exterior finishes:
- White Cream (standard)
- Abyss Black*
- Steel Graphite*
- Sierra Burgundy*
- Rain Forest*
- Moonlight Cloud* (Highlander only)
*Premium paints add $695
Interior choices include:
- Black leather (Palisade, Elite)
- Black Nappa leather (Highlander)
- Beige Nappa leather* (Highlander)
- Burgundy Nappa leather* (Highlander)
*Beige and Burgundy Nappa leather available with select exterior colours
Click the images for the full gallery
MORE: Everything Hyundai Palisade