Peugeot has given its Partner small commercial van a new model structure as part of a 2022 update.
The range starts with the City trim, which is a new base trim level.
It strips some of the equipment that was standard on the outgoing model, including the touchscreen infotainment system and autonomous emergency braking.
This is intended to create a lower asking price.
The mid-range Pro trim on the other hand receives all the standard equipment and safety features from the outgoing model.
The Partner range caps out at the Premium trim, which brings more luxurious features intended to transform the vehicle into something more car-like.
Up until the end of September 2021, Peugeot has sold 228 Partner vans. It was outsold by both of its two main competitors, the Renault Kangoo (522) and the Volkswagen Caddy Van (496).
- 2022 Peugeot Partner City Short Manual: $26,990
- 2022 Peugeot Partner City Short Auto: $29,990
- 2022 Peugeot Partner City Long Auto: $32,490
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Pro Short Auto: $31,990
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Pro Long Auto: $34,490
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Premium Short Auto: $34,480
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Premium Long Auto: $36,980
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2022 Peugeot Partner is available with a choice of two 1.2-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engines.
The City SWB Manual uses a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol three-cylinder producing 81kW of power and 205Nm of torque driving the front wheels through a six-speed manual transmission.
Every other model in the range is powered by a higher-output 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol three-cylinder that produces 96kW and 230Nm.
This drives the front wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Claimed combined cycle fuel economy figures for the 2022 Peugeot Partner are as follows:
- 2022 Peugeot Partner City Short Manual: 5.8L/100km
- 2022 Peugeot Partner City Short Auto: 6.3L/100km
- 2022 Peugeot Partner City Long Auto: 5.9L/100km
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Pro Short Auto: 5.9L/100km
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Pro Long Auto: 6.3L/100km
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Premium Short Auto: 5.9L/100km
- 2022 Peugeot Partner Premium Long Auto: 6.3L/100km
All 2022 Peugeot Partner models require 95 RON premium unleaded petrol.
The 2022 Peugeot Partner is available in two different body styles, ‘Short’ and ‘Long’.
The Short refers to a short-wheelbase (SWB) and measures 1880mm tall, 1921mm wide, and 4403mm long with a 2785mm wheelbase.
Inside the Short there’s a load volume of 3.3 cubic metres. It can also take a payload of 629kg-660kg depending on trim.
Long on the other hand refers to a long-wheelbase (LWB) and has the same height and width as the Short, but measures 4753mm long with a 2975mm wheelbase.
Inside the Long there is a load volume of 3.9 cubic metres. It can also take a payload of 898kg-1000kg depending on trim.
Servicing and Warranty
The 2022 Peugeot Partner is covered by a five-year/200,000km warranty with five years of roadside assist.
Peugeot requires servicing of the Partner every 12 months/15,000km with capped price servicing for five visits to the dealer.
Pricing for the first five services are the following:
- 12 months/15,000km: $444
- 24 months/30,000km: $694
- 36 months/45,000km: $444
- 48 months/60,000km: $707
- 60 months/75,000km: $457
The Peugeot Partner received a four-star safety rating from ANCAP in 2018.
Standard safety equipment across the range includes:
- Six airbags (front, side and curtain)
- Electronic stability control
- Electronic brake-force distribution
- Electronic braking assist
- Hill-start assist
- Reversing camera
- Rear parking sensors
To get active safety features such as autonomous emergency braking, you need to step up to the Pro trim level.
City models come standard with the following standard equipment:
- 5.0-inch monochrome infotainment system
- Manual air-conditioning
- Manual headlights
- Manual windscreen wipers
- 180-degree ‘barn door-style’ swinging rear doors
- Cargo bay bulkhead
Stepping up to the Pro adds the following:
- 8.0-inch colour touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Dual sliding side doors
- Electronic park brake
- Climate control
- Automatic head lights
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Speed sign recognition
- Flip-down table
- Under-seat storage with hatch through to main cargo space
The Premium adds the following:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Leather steering wheel
- Body-coloured painted rear bumper, side mouldings, sliding door rails and side mirrors
- Electronic folding side mirrors
- Keyless entry with push-button start
MORE: Everything Peugeot Partner