Jaguar’s sports car is bucking an industry trend and shifting to a V8-only line-up.
The 2022 Jaguar F-Type range will consist of a new P450 V8 option, in both coupe and convertible body styles, plus the reigning R V8 option.
That means the turbocharged four-cylinder and P380 supercharged V6 options have been axed locally.
It also means the base price has risen considerably. Where the 2021 range opened at $127,942 before on-roads, the new cost of entry is $159,900 before on-roads.
Deliveries of the 2022 F-Type will begin in December 2021.
All F-Type models use a supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine. This produces 331kW of power and 580Nm of torque in the R-Dynamic P450 and 423kW and 700Nm in the R.
All models feature an eight-speed automatic transmission and a switchable active exhaust system with quad exhaust outlets, though the P450 is rear-wheel drive and the R is all-wheel drive.
The R is also around a second quicker to 100km/h at 3.7 seconds versus 4.6 seconds.
While the F-Type R’s price is essentially unchanged, Jaguar has added various features as standard.
These include a fixed panoramic roof, premium paint, tyre pressure monitoring, blind-spot monitoring, aluminium paddle shifters, an exterior black pack, and 20-inch satin grey alloy wheels.
Compared with last year’s P380 V6, the new P450 V8 puts out an additional 51kW and 120Nm. Despite the extra power, it’s actually cheaper than the old V6, to the tune of $14,742 for the coupe and $28,442 for the convertible.
- 2022 Jaguar F-Type R-Dynamic P450 Coupe: $159,900 (new)
- 2022 Jaguar F-Type R-Dynamic P450 Convertible: $164,900 (new)
- 2022 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe: $264,966 (+$124)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2022 Jaguar F-Type is powered by a supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine. This produces 331kW of power and 580Nm of torque in the rear-wheel drive R-Dynamic P450 and 423kW and 700Nm in the all-wheel drive R.
All models use an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The P450 does the 0-100km/h sprint in 4.6 seconds, while the R cuts this down to 3.7 seconds.
The 2022 Jaguar F-Type uses 10.6L/100km on the combined cycle in P450 coupe and convertible variants and 10.3L/100km in the flagship R.
In R guise, the 2022 Jaguar F-Type measures 4470mm long, 1923mm wide and 1311mm tall on a 2622mm wheelbase.
There’s between 299 and 509L of luggage space in the coupes. The convertible has 233L of boot space.
Servicing and Warranty
The 2022 Jaguar F-Type is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with five years of roadside assistance and five years or 130,000km of free servicing.
The Jaguar F-Type hasn’t been tested by ANCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Lane-keep assist
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Driver attention monitoring
- Four airbags (convertible) or six airbags (coupe models)
Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert are bundled together as a $1000 option on the P450 and are standard in the R.
The F-Type R-Dynamic P450 comes standard with the following equipment:
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 10-speaker 380W Meridian sound system
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Switchable active exhaust
- Metal treadplates
- Adaptive Dynamics (adaptive dampers)
- Configurable Dynamics (selectable drive modes)
- Keyless entry and start
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Single-zone climate control
- LED headlights
- Six-way power front sport seats
- Leather and suedecloth upholstery
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Ambient lighting
- Pixel LED headlights: $2594
- Aluminium paddle shifters: $700
- Fixed panoramic roof: $2110
- Heated, power-folding mirrors: $400
- Auto-dimming, heated, power-folding mirrors: $420
- Auto-dimming, heated, power-folding mirrors with memory: $620
- Power boot-lid (coupe only): $1160
- Six-way power-adjustable heated front sport seats: $620
- Six-way power-adjustable heated and cooled front sport seats: $1150
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting: $560
- Tyre pressure monitoring: $790
The $6095 Interior Luxury Pack adds an extended leather upgrade and colour-adjustable ambient lighting, while the $5177 Interior Luxury Pack Plus features a further extended leather upgrade.
Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert are part of a $1000 option package, though this requires you to select one of the power-folding mirror options.
The R gains:
- Aluminium paddle shifters
- Pixel LED headlights
- 12-way power front seats with memory
- Power boot-lid
- Fixed panoramic roof
- Exterior black pack
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Red brake calipers
- Auto-dimming, power-folding heated mirrors with memory
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
The $21,280 Carbon Ceramic Brake Pack includes:
- 398mm front and 380mm rear carbon ceramic brakes
- 20-inch Satin Black alloys with yellow brake calipers
- Tyre repair system
Range-wide options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Heated windscreen: $1530
- 12-way power-adjustable heated and cooled front seats with memory: $3160 (P450) or $1150 ®
- Heated steering wheel: $680
- Ebony suedecloth headliner: $2496
- SV Bespoke ebony leather headliner: $4394
- Full extended leather upgrade: $4740 (P450) or $2110 ®
- Dual-zone climate control: $1040
- 12-speaker 770W Meridian surround sound system: $7260
- Semi-autonomous parallel parking assist: $700
- Climate Pack (heated windscreen and steering wheel plus dual-zone climate control): $2760
As is typical of a Jaguar Land Rover product, there’s an even wider range of options available including various different wheel designs and interior trim options. Visit the Jaguar Australia website for more information.
All metallic and premium metallic finishes are no-cost options on the R, as is SVO Ua Metallic paint with a gloss finish. Metallic finishes cost $2950 on the P450 while premium finishes are $5910.
The standard paint colours are solid Fuki White and Caldera Red.
Metallic finishes comprise:
- Santorini Black
- Indus Silver
- Firenze Red
- British Racing Green
- Bluefire Blue
- Eiger Grey
- Portofino Blue
Premium metallic finishes are Carpathian Grey and Silicon SIlver, while there are SVO paint finishes ranging in price from $11,050 to $20,550.
On the convertible, a black roof is standard, with red and beige roofs a $1836 option.
MORE: Everything Jaguar F-Type