The Porsche Panamera is going platinum.
A new Platinum Edition receives unique aesthetic touches plus additional equipment over the standard Panamera, Panamera 4 and Panamera 4 E-Hybrid.
That leaves the 4S E-Hybrid, GTS, Turbo S and Turbo S E-Hybrid without a Platinum variant.
Australian deliveries of the Platinum Edition models will begin in the second quarter of 2022. It’ll be officially revealed at the Los Angeles motor show on November 17.
Prices range from $205,400 before on-road costs for the Panamera Platinum Edition to $249,500 before on-roads for the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Platinum Edition.
That means there’s no price increase for the 4 E-Hybrid, while the Platinum Edition carries a premium of only around $1000 on the other two models.
Over standard models, the Platinum Edition variants gain:
- Platinum-painted 21-inch Exclusive Design Sport wheels
- Black sports tailpipes
- Side window trims finished in high-gloss black
- ‘Exclusive Design’ tail lights
- Platinum-painted front fender air outlets and badging
- Brushed aluminium sill plates with Platinum Edition logo
- Brushed aluminium interior package
- Analogue clock
The E-Hybrid also includes an onboard AC charger with 7.2kW charging power.
There are also heated rear seats like in the existing Executive variant, plus a GT sports steering wheel.
The base Panamera is powered by a 2.9-litre turbocharged petrol V6 with 243kW of power and 450Nm of torque, sent to either the rear wheels, or all four wheels in the Panamera 4. It uses an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Opting for the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid teams that 2.9-litre bi-turbo V6 with an electric motor and 17.9kWh lithium battery pack, good for a combined power output of 340kW.
- 2022 Porsche Panamera Platinum Edition: $205,400
- 2022 Porsche Panamera 4 Platinum Edition: $214,700
- 2022 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Platinum Edition: $249,500
All prices exclude on-road costs.
MORE: Everything Porsche Panamera