Jaguar will soon be an all-electric brand but for now it has just one EV: the I-Pace.
The svelte SUV has received some tweaks for the 2023 model year, headlined by a new feature for its infotainment system. It’s available now.
Jaguar is using its oft-overlooked I-Pace to debut the new Amazon Alexa integration for its Pivi Pro infotainment system.
It’ll also be part of an over-the-air update for existing owners with compatible cars.
The system allows drivers to use natural voice prompts – “Alexa, navigate home” – to control the navigation and media. It also syncs up with an owner’s Amazon account to give access to things like shopping lists and calendars.
MY23 I-Pace models also now have the option of a Premium Black Pack, costing $5008, which adds a gloss black finish to the grille, window surrounds, mirror caps and rear badges and includes gloss black 22-inch alloy wheels.
Ostuni White metallic paint joins the colour palette, but otherwise the I-Pace is unchanged.
EV sales may have soared in Australia last year, if from a low base, but the I-Pace hasn’t kept pace.
Sales slumped 37.1 per cent, though admittedly 2021 was a rough year for many brands in terms of supply.
With just 44 sales, the shapely I-Pace was outsold by the Mercedes-Benz EQC (293), Audi e-tron (108) and BMW iX3 (62).
When it comes to electric vehicles, only the Lexus UX300e and BMW iX posted lower sales tallies in 2021, but they were introduced towards the very end of the year.
- 2023 Jaguar I-Pace SE: $142,580 (+$4748)
- 2023 Jaguar I-Pace HSE: $155,550 (+$4118)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2023 Jaguar I-Pace features a dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrain with total system outputs of 294kW of power and 696Nm of torque.
It uses a 90kWh battery.
Jaguar claims a 0-100km/h time of 4.8 seconds.
The 2023 Jaguar I-Pace has a claimed 446km of range on the WLTP test cycle.
The 2023 Jaguar I-Pace measures 4682mm long, 1895mm wide and 1558mm tall on a 2990mm wheelbase. It weighs 2133kg (tare).
Boot space is 656L, expanding to 1453L with the rear seats folded.
Servicing and Warranty
The I-Pace is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, with the battery covered under an eight-year/160,000km warranty.
The Jaguar I-Pace has a five-star rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted in 2018.
It has an adult occupant protection rating of 91 per cent, a child occupant protection rating of 81 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection rating of 73 per cent, and a safety assist rating of 77 per cent.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Six airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-keep assist
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Adaptive speed limiter
The SE comes standard with the following equipment:
- Open differential with torque vectoring by braking
- Active Sound Design
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors with memory
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power tailgate
- LED headlights with automatic levelling
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 12-way power front seats with driver memory
- Ambient lighting
- Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment system and Touch Pro Duo (10.0- and 5.0-inch screens)
- Wireless phone charging
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB digital radio
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Keyless entry and start
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- 20-inch alloy wheels
The HSE adds:
- Matrix LED headlights
- Animated directional indicators
- 16-way power front seats with driver memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Meridian 3D sound system
The Premium Black Pack ($5008) adds:
- 22-inch gloss black alloy wheels
- Electronic air suspension
- Rear spoiler
- Black exterior pack
The Premium Upgrade Interior Pack ($5565) adds:
- Illuminated metal treadplates
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Full Extended Leather Upgrade
The Cold Climate Pack ($1060) adds:
- Heated windscreen
- Heated washer jets
- Headlight power washers
- Heated steering wheel
The Convenience Pack ($1500) adds:
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Loadspace partition net
- Click and Go integrated base unit
- Activity Key
The Park Assist Pack ($1310) includes a 3D surround camera and semi-autonomous parking assist.
Standalone options include:
- Black exterior pack: $990
- Bright exterior pack: $760
- Head-up display: $1040
- Activity Key: $910
- 3D surround camera: $1000
- Fixed panoramic roof: $3580
- Black contrast roof: $1495
- JaguarDrive Control with Adaptive Surface Response: $2002
- Electronic air suspension: $2002
- Adaptive Dynamics: $2405
- Privacy glass: $845
- Heated windscreen: $455
- Heated washer jets: $299
- Front fog lights: $403
- Hands-free power tailgate: $260
- Full extended leather upgrade: $2763
- Heated steering wheel: $494
- Illuminated metal treadplates: $780
- ClearSight digital rear-view mirror: $1131
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting: $507
- Twin front cupholders with cover: $90
- Lockable cooled glovebox: $403
- Four-zone climate control: $1820
As is typical of a Jaguar, you can also choose from a wide range of different seat, trim and wheel options. Many of the HSE’s features can also be added to the SE. We recommend taking a look at the configurator on the Jaguar website.
The I-Pace is available in Fuji White and Caldera Red solid finishes, plus the following metallic finishes:
- Santorini Black
- Indus Silver
- Firenze Red
- Caesium Blue
- Borasco Grey
- Eiger Grey
- Portofino Blue
- Ostuni Pearl White
Farallon Pearl Black and Aruba premium metallic are $3900 options.
MORE: Everything Jaguar I-Pace