Skoda has increased the asking price for three of its seven models sold in Australia.
Drive-away prices are up by $1000 across the range for the Octavia liftback and wagon, $1000 across the Kamiq small SUV range, and $1000 on the Superb 162TSI Superb sedan and wagon and $2000 on the Superb 206TSI Sportline liftback and wagon.
The standard equipment lists on affected models are unchanged.
The starting price for the Octavia is now $39,990 drive-away for the 110TSI Style liftback, the Kamiq now starts at $35,990 drive-away for the 110TSI Ambition manual, and the Superb now starts at $55,990 drive-away for the 162TSI Style liftback.
“[Skoda] absorbed price increase pressures throughout 2021, but at some point these have to be passed on,” said a Skoda Australia spokesperson.
“Essentially price rises are due to both inflation and significant increases in manufacturing costs.”
Skoda isn’t alone in upping its prices in Australia. Many brands, including the Chinese-owned MG, announced price increases for 2022 due to parts shortages, shipping challenges, and tight supply.
While the Octavia range is unchanged, like the Kamiq and Superb, it’ll receive a new variant later this year.
The Czech automaker is set to introduce a 140TSI Sportline trim to the Octavia range in both liftback and wagon forms that’ll arrive in August 2022.
Additionally, an updated Karoq will arrive in July and a new Fabia will arrive in the fourth quarter of this year. The outgoing Karoq and Fabia haven’t received price increases.
The updated 2022 drive-away pricing for the Skoda Octavia, Kamiq and Superb are as follows:
- 2022 Skoda Octavia 110TSI Ambition: $37,490 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Octavia 110TSI Ambition wagon: $38,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Octavia 110TSI Style: $39,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Octavia 110TSI Style wagon: $41,490 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Octavia 140TSI Limited Edition: $51,490 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Octavia 140TSI Limited Edition wagon: $52,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Octavia RS: $54,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Octavia RS wagon: $56,490 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq 110TSI Ambition manual: $35,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq 110TSI Ambition: $37,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq 110TSI Monte Carlo: $40,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq 110TSI Signature: $41,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Superb 162TSI Style: $55,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Superb 162TSI Style wagon: $57,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 Skoda Superb 206TSI Sportline: $67,990 (+$2000)
- 2022 Skoda Superb 206TSI Sportline: $69,990 (+$2000)
All prices are drive-away.
MORE: Skoda Octavia • Skoda Kamiq • Skoda Superb