Just in time for winter, BMW is introducing two cool new limited edition SUVs.
The BMW X3 and X4 M40i Frozen Edition models come with a range of unique styling touches including, as the name suggests, one of the brand’s “frozen” matte paint finishes.
A total of 37 Frozen Edition models (17 X3 and 20 X4) are coming to Australia and are expected to touch down in the second quarter of 2022.
The 2022 BMW X3 M40i Frozen Edition is priced at $142,900 drive-away and the X4 M40i Frozen Edition is $10,000 more expensive at $152,900 drive-away.
Based on the X3 and X4 M40i, both Frozen Edition models are powered by a 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-six cylinder petrol engine producing 285kW of power and 500Nm of torque.
BMW says both models can do the 0-100km/h sprint in 4.8 seconds.
This engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
For context, the ‘regular’ X3 and X4 M40i models are priced at $115,900 and $123,900 before on-road costs, respectively.
Both of these Frozen Edition models are only available in a single exterior paint colour that’s called BMW Individual Frozen Deep Grey metallic.
On top of the standard M40i specification, the X3 and X4 M40i Frozen Edition models receive the following standard equipment:
- M Shadow Line grille in high-gloss black
- Carbon-fibre mirror caps
- Carbon-fibre rear boot lid spoiler (X4 M40i Frozen Edition only)
- M Sport brakes with high-gloss red brake callipers
- Sun protection glazing
- Black Vernasca leather upholstery with red stitching
- Sensatec instrument panel with red stitching
- M seat belts with BMW M tri-colour stitching
- Carbon fibre interior trim
This marks the first time the current-generation X3 has been made available with red stitching in the Vernasca leather upholstery and the Sensatec dashboard.
The X3 and X4 M40i comes standard with the following standard equipment:
- 21-inch M Sport alloy wheels
- M Sport differential
- Adaptive M suspension
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Heated front seats
- Lumbar support for driver
- 16-speaker Harman Kardon surround sound system
- Head-up display
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment screen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- Wireless phone charger
- Three-zone climate control
- Power tailgate
- Adaptive LED headlights with auto high-beam
- Keyless entry and start
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Front and rear cross-traffic alert
- Lane-keep assist
- Junction assist
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Surround-view camera
The limited-edition BMW X3 and X4 M40i Frozen Edition models can now be reserved via the BMW Shop.
In order to reserve one of these models you need to place an order either with a BMW ID account or as a guest. Once a vehicle allocation has been secured, your preferred BMW dealer will contact you to discuss the entire process and arrange delivery and handover.
- 2022 BMW X3 M40i Frozen Edition: $142,900
- 2022 BMW X4 M40i Frozen Edition: $152,900
All prices are drive-away.
MORE: Everything BMW X3
MORE: Everything BMW X4